Tuesday, January 18, 2011

WHEW

Ok, wow.I got to class on time this morning, and that amazed me. Right on time. Even though it turns out it takes a very very long time to ride the damn shuttle bus from the parking lot. What took me fifteen minutes to walk when I left class took me a half hour on the shuttle to get there. And the shuttle was CROWDED! I think it would behoove me to walk to class from my car, if I can find a bloody shortcut. Anyhow,
Class 1 was ok. It's just an hour. Class 2 is a HISTORY class and it looks like it's going to be intense. I have to BUY TWO BOOKS for that class. Good grief! But it will be good to learn about ASIA.
I had time in between the two classes to eat a double fudge brownie and drink a latte from Starbucks. After class two, I had a couple of hours to kill. One hour mostly taken up by finding a route to work on foot. Then, found a comfy chair and an outlet and sat with my laptop reading reddit.
Then work. Work is full-tilt from four to nine-thirty ish. Then after a long drive home, I get to take a shower, sit here watching Miss Congeniality, mindlessly.
I bought an iPhone off ebay the day before yesterday, waiting for it to arrive in the mail. When I get that I won't need to carry my laptop to work to have entertainment before I go to work. I'll be able to read e-mail and such via iPhone the way I used to do with my iPod but now its' battery is dying. :(
Someone said I could probably sell it on e-bay despite the battery going dead. I may try that.
I'm so tired I don't know which way is up. A long long day. And I spent an hour and a half vacuuming the dining hall. With a huge vacuum on my back like Ghostbusters. And I want to complain but hey: I should never have stopped when I went to college the first time.
There is a guy named Miguel who has worked at the dining hall for 30 years. He has been a dishwasher all this time. He was there when I worked there 16 years ago. He's hunched over, can not move to quickly but he washes dishes five nights a week. That would be me if I did not go to college NOW, I will not have the stamina to do this much longer.
Hey... Susan Sarandon is on a MILK commercial. She sure looks a lot better than Tim Curry or Barry Bostwick!
So tired.

No comments: