Friday, June 4, 2010

Monkey Spit

Went to the FlyMo tonight. M. went with. At first I was uncomfortable because she made a big deal about me wearing holey jeans. I thought she might be embarrassed or something but she later said no, it wasn't that. She was just commenting. Anyhow we went to listen to Monkey Speak (open mic poetry) and I was bored to tears. Some dufus got up and read Emily Dickenson with too much inflection and it got on my nerves but most of the stuff was ok.
I told M. that I used to read with Michelle Tea at Sister Spit. She's never heard of Michelle Tea. *Sigh*
She wondered if I was going to read anything next time. I'd have to write something. I told her I didn't know if she would want to hear anything I had to say, as it was probably going to be about cutting, S&M or dead animals. I should write about getting drunk enough to bury my mom's horse.

No comments: